Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Painted Couch Reveal!

Check out our new website! www.thewhitehouseboutique.com      
 Yes the painted frenzy doesn't stop at chairs {see here and here}. We painted this couch and the results were AMAZING! So amazing we fought over who could keep it....It literally looks like leather! I cheated on the reveal though by not finishing the seat cushions but couldn't hold it in anymore and wanted to share.
BEFORE



2 parts paint to 1 part fabric medium {the fabric medium softens the fabric}




THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!  Love watching the transformation!! Ahhhhhh....this poor little couch just sat there all lonely....It was in amazing shape and I LOVED the wood detail!  After painting the matching chair {which went so smoothly} we decided that it had to be ours!  I am so glad we rescued this lovely!





AFTER
It truly looks like an expensive leather couch!  love it!  Now it's just time to finish the cushions!  Hope you all enjoyed our HOW To!  I bet you are all looking around at your furniture wondering what you can paint! 

14 comments:

  1. GET OUT!! You girls are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it matter what kind of paint you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it matter what kind of paint you use? Also, how well does the paint hold up with sitting and laying on the couch? Is there a strong scent of paint coming from the couch? I have a couch with a similar pattern which is now discolored brown from a brown stretch cover we've been using and my son really likes this couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great... a good job let me see what i can do with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Who would have thought to paint furniture like that!! AMAZED!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any guidelines about what fabrics work best for this technique? I really want to try it and am scouting for a piece of furniture to try this on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't read the brands of paint you used. Can you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krylon ColorMaster Acrylic Latex Enamel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delta Ceramcoat Painters Helper Textile Medium

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I do it on my peeled vinyl leather sofa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I do this on a vinyl chair that my cat scratched most of the vinyl off. Or would I be better covering with material. It is a really comfy chair just looks really bad. Thanks Jacqueline Dudgeon

    ReplyDelete